The Fire Risk Of E CigarettesSteve
Fire chiefs have warned about the dangers posed by E-cigarettes, after one EXPLODED while it was being charged.
While the dangers of lit cigarettes are well known, fire bosses are now warning that the battery powered electronic versions have also caused blazes and claimed at least one life.
Firefighters in Kirklees, West Yorkshire, are some of the latest to have to deal with an incident after an e-cigarette exploded while it was being re-charged.
No one was injured but red hot flying fragments left scorch marks on walls, floors and a sofa.
E-cigarettes convert liquid nicotine into a mist, or vapour, that the user inhales.
The two main types have either a replaceable cartridge or require refillable liquid, but there are many different brands, all with their own specific charger.
Firefighters say the most common cause of fire appears to be either using incorrect chargers or over-tightening the screwed connection to the rechargeable battery resulting in mechanical damage.
[youtube video_id=”bjd4N_kabRE” width=”0″ height=”0″ ]
[products_slider title=”Dry Powder Fire Extinguishers” per_page=”4″ featured=”no” latest=”no” best_sellers=”no” on_sale=”no” category=”dry-powder” orderby=”price” order=”desc” layout=”default” ]